Product Photographer & Campaign Photographer
Are you a skilled photographer who is looking to share your passion for design and creativity by producing quality images of exceptional products every day?
We’d love to hear from you!
Telegram Co is an established wholesaler of 30+ leading international stationery (eg. Moleskine, Lamy) and homewares brands (eg. Kinto, Serax, House Doctor). We also run several eCommerce stores including market leader milligram.com (formerly NoteMaker) and LAMYSHOP.com.au and have recently expanded to physical retail with the opening of our flagship Milligram store.
With demand for our products continuing to grow, we have an opportunity for talented Photographers to join our dedicated, in-house Graphic Design team to be responsible for producing product images and campaign-driven photography for our business. This role may suit the right full-time applicant willing and able to stretch across both product and campaign-related aspects and work across our West Footscray (Postion 1) and Collingwood (Postion 2) locations. Alternatively, we have flexibility to offer the role as two part-time positions of 2-3 days to enable you to focus on your strengths and interests.
Position 1 — Product Photographer
As the product photographer in our business, you will be responsible for photographing and, where recommended, videoing our extensive product range, ensuring consistency and quality of images for new and existing products across our websites. In particular, you will:
– Shoot, re-touch and upload finalised images for new products and maintain quality of images for existing products across our wholesale and retail websites
– Manage all product and campaign photography timelines with internal teams
– Follow procedures for naming, saving, archiving and transmitting photo files
– Advise on equipment and systems required to support the product photography program
– Complete product-based video filming and editing
Position 2 — Campaign Photographer
As the campaign photographer, you will use your creativity to produce high-quality images that support our marketing and visual merchandising representations. In particular, you will:
– Work closely with marketing colleagues to produce images for high-frequency campaigns via social media, EDM and other channels
– Contribute to creative projects including production of magazines and other print collateral
– Development of images to support visual merchandising within Milligram and wholesale customer store locations
– Conduct off-site shootings from time to time
The Successful Applicants will bring:
– Undergraduate degree/diploma qualifications in photography or equivalent product photography experience
– An understanding of image post-processing, including deep etching, retouching, re-sizing and digital asset management
– Confidence and proficiency with Photoshop, Lightroom and Capture One Confidence and proficiency with commercial studio lighting: flash and continuous lighting
– A commitment to maintaining the consistency and quality of all photography, even under pressure
– Ability to effectively plan and prioritise work and manage to tight deadlines
– Willingness to work collaboratively across teams and contribute your creative ideas
If you wish to apply, please submit your resume as well as providing a pdf folio of your work (under 5mb) or a link to your online portfolio. Apply via SEEK.
Why you will love working with us
We’re a small but growing business with a ten-year history, so you’ll get to make a great impact on how we present our brands to our customers. We offer a great work environment and our team is filled with talented, hard-working people. Although it is very fast-paced we also make time to relax and have fun. In addition, all staff qualify for significant discounts across our range of design stationery and homewares.
The Product Photographer will have opportunity to shape the set-up of a dedicated photography space with full access to our product range within our West Footscray location. The majority of our team is based in our dog friendly office in Collingwood, Melbourne.