Merchandise Planner — Telegram Co.
At Telegram Co., we share a passion for bringing our customers the world’s best tools for living. We are looking for a like-minded Merchandise Planner to join our committed team to make a real impact on our growing business.
We are an established wholesaler of 30+ leading international stationery (eg. Moleskine, Lamy, Rifle Paper Co), homeware (eg. Kinto, Serax, House Doctor) and lifestyle brands (eg. The School of Life, Meraki). We also run several successful eCommerce stores including market leader Milligram.com (formerly NoteMaker.com.au) and LAMYSHOP.com.au. We have opened our first Milligram store in Melbourne Central and have plans for more to come.
As the Merchandise Planner, you will be positioned predominantly in the retail side of the business, ensuring the mix of product and brands is in line with historical data and product is the right price, in the right place at the right time. Reporting to the Buying Manager, you will also be involved in the wholesale and distribution side, working with the Buying team to set OTB by brand. In particular, you will:
– Manage store profiling and product allocation to minimise stock holding but maximise sales opportunities and customer experience
– Accurately analyse, forecast and report on sales, gross profit and inventory, making recommendations to the Buying Manager for inventory management
– Work with retail and wholesale sales teams to resolve stock issues and drive improvements in unproductive stock on hand Manage inventory for seasonal and special items, providing alerts on when to push sales to maximise business benefit
– Support planograms, range reviews and recommendations for major customers to ensure stock levels are maintained and drive sales
– Support the quantification and pricing for our own Milligram Studio products
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role, you should have:
– A minimum 2 years’ experience in a Merchandise Planning/Junior Merchandise Planning role, including financial forecasting and range planning
– Prior experience in stock allocating, stock management and ideally leading an Allocator
– Demonstrated advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Excel; and experience with Netsuite would be advantageous
– Demonstrated experience in proactively growing and managing a fashion/homewares or similar portfolio
– Ability to work autonomously and be motivated and capable of identifying opportunities for business growth
– Strong analytical, quantitative reasoning and creative problem solving skills
– Exceptional attention to detail
– A passion for outstanding brands and an interest in being part of a growing business
Why you will love working with us
Whilst we have a ten-year history, we are a growing team and business, so you’ll get to make a huge impact on the Company as a whole. We offer a great work environment and our team is filled with talented, hard-working people. As a company we believe in nurturing talent and providing opportunities. In addition, all staff qualify for significant discounts across our range of design stationery and homewares. We also enjoy having fun as a team in our dog friendly office in Collingwood.
For a confidential discussion about this role please call (02) 9224 0447.
Accounts Assistant — Telegram Co.
Telegram Co. is an established wholesaler of 30+ leading international stationery (eg. Moleskine, Lamy) and homewares brands (eg. Kinto, Serax, House Doctor). We run several eCommerce stores including market leader milligram.com (formerly NoteMaker) and LAMYSHOP.com.au and have recently opened a flagship store under our Milligram brand in Melbourne Central.
With demand for our exceptional products sourced from the world’s best brands and our own Milligram brand continuing to grow, we are looking for a reliable, focused Accounts Assistant to join the team to support our business and help it achieve its potential.
As part of a small, hard-working finance team, you would primarily be responsible for the reporting, administration and processing of accounts payable for the Telegram Co. business. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will apply your exceptional standards of service and administrative support to ensure the smooth and accurate running of accounts payable to required time-frames and standards.
In particular you will:
– Liaise with customers and clients to build effective working relationships while processing accounts payable invoices
– Ensure that supplier payments are processed and paid on time with required approvals
– Ensure stock processing procedures are followed and report any discrepancies
– Run aged creditors ledger at month end and review all creditors outside terms
– Maintain accurate source documents and post all required journals into the general ledger
– Assist the Finance team more broadly with other accounts-related services on an ongoing basis
The successful applicant will bring:
– Previous experience in a full function Accounts Payable role with responsibility for processing invoices through to payment
– Demonstrated time management skills and excellent attention to detail
– A positive attitude to problem solving and delivering great service
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to work autonomously, while being a team player who is willing to pitch in across all aspects of finance to help when required
– Experience with NetSuite or ERP systems would be highly regarded, with an ability to learn and work with new systems a must
Why you will love working with us
Whilst we have a ten-year history, we are a growing team and business, so you’ll get to make a huge impact on the Company as a whole. You’ll have scope to make your role your own and contribute your ideas for how we can make improvements. We offer a supportive work environment and our team is filled with talented, hard-working people. As a company, we believe in nurturing talent and enjoy having fun as a team in our dog-friendly office in Collingwood. In addition, all staff qualify for significant discounts across our range of design stationery and homewares.
Keen to join the team? Apply via SEEK today.