We currently have one role listed…
Product Designer – Telegram Co.
e’re looking for a talented and experienced product designer to play an integral role in the development of a new brand by Telegram. This is a unique opportunity to build something from the ground up and work with a small but passionate team to truly shape the direction of a new brand. The successful applicant will be energetic, able to work at a fast pace and have a true passion for the inherent value in thoughtful design. The role will take direction from the Product Development Manager and Design Manager to develop exciting product ranges in stationery and home categories. The role will require product development across a variety of materials to create cohesive offerings that are design-led and commercially viable.
Who we are:
Telegram Co is a large wholesaler of leading international stationery and homewares brands (such as Moleskine, LAMY & House Doctor). We also run several eCommerce stores including market leader NoteMaker.com.au and LAMYSHOP.com.au. We’re a growing business with lots of exciting opportunities on the horizon, including expanding into physical retail.
Please ONLY take the time to apply if you meet the selection criteria — are ready to work extremely hard but also have a lot of fun!
· Develop drawings and visuals of product ranges that are creative, original and innovative.
· Design commercially successful products in the categories of stationery and home.
· Produce detailed manufacturing and assembly drawings.
· Design point of sale display solutions and packaging forms for product range.
· Adhere to brand guidelines and philosophy.
· 3–5 years experience in a similar role.
· Product or Industrial Design qualification.
· Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
· Good working knowledge of 3D modelling software.
· Excellent technical drawing skills.
· A sound understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
· Experience in having designed commercially successful products in similar categories.
· Appreciation for aesthetics and usability.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Confidence working across a variety mediums and materials.
· Strong interest in responsible design and manufacturing.
· High level of organisation and time-management.
· Concept presentation skills.
· A passion for design, stationery and homewares.
· Located in Australia and with an existing right to work in Australia.
Why you will love working with us?
We’re a small but growing business with an eight year history, so you’ll get to make a huge impact on the company as a whole. You will also be presented with a diverse and challenging range of tasks and experiences in the course of a normal day.
We offer a great work environment and our team is filled with talented, hard-working people. Although it is very fast-paced we also make time to relax and have fun.
In addition, all staff qualify for significant discounts across our range of design stationery and homewares.
Our dog friendly office is based in Yarraville, Melbourne – but we are moving in June 2017 to Collingwood.
Please send your resume, folio and a cover letter addressing the key criteria and outlining why you think you’re a good fit for this role. The folio should represent your best work, be supplied in PDF and be no bigger than 10MB in size.
Applications close: 16 June, 2017