Homewares Territory Manager (Victoria) – Telegram Co.
Do you love selling designer homewares? Are you keen to work with unique and exciting international brands you’re proud to represent? Are you a dynamic sales professional who loves creating connections and building your own territory.
We’d love to hear from you!
Who we are
Telegram Co. is an established wholesaler of 30+ leading international stationery (eg. Moleskine, Lamy) and homewares brands (eg. Kinto, Serax, House Doctor). We also run several eCommerce stores including market leader NoteMaker.com.au and LAMYSHOP.com.au. There are many exciting opportunities on the horizon, including growing the stable of homewares brands and our reputation and sales in this sector.
This is an exciting role for a sales focussed and results driven professional who can act as liaison between the company and the customer. We’re looking for someone who can bring their strong commercial acumen to our team in order to grow sales in the homewares category within the Victorian territory.
You’re someone who can sell at a tactical level yet still apply a strategic approach to your brands, retailers and territory. Reporting to the National Sales Manager, you will primarily be responsible for:
· Creating and executing a territory plan to support sales and revenue growth
· Handling inbound sales enquiries and reaching out to new prospective retail customers
· Identifying opportunities in your role to maximise your time in the field and improve efficiency
· Meeting and exceeding sales targets and other KPIs
· Building long term mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing customers
· Ensuring customer’s needs are met by conducting proactive visits, selling in new products and working to increase allocated display space
· Ensuring that retailers support all brand values with appropriate merchandising (such as creating displays and working with your Head Office colleagues on planograms)
· Attending and supporting two major trade fairs per year.
Some travel will be required as your territory will be all of Victoria, not just Melbourne. An attractive remuneration package is available.
The Successful Applicant must have:
· Minimum 3 years of sales experience, ideally selling to homewares and design stores
· Previous experience in sales management at territory, regional or state level is essential
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
· Genuine self-starter, able to work autonomously and as part of a team
· An established network of retailer contacts within the Victorian homewares market
· A demonstrated passion for design and homewares
Why you will love working with us
You’ll be representing international brands that are unique and marketable. You’ll have systems and marketing support, along with a dedicated customer service and warehouse team that will ensure smooth fulfilment of orders you write. And you’ll be able to utilise a stunning showroom, inviting customers and prospects in to see ranges at their best.
We’re a small but growing business with a nine-year history, so you’ll get to make a huge impact on the company as a whole. You will also be presented with a diverse and challenging range of tasks and experiences in the course of a normal day.
We offer a great work environment and our team is filled with talented, hard-working people. Although it is very fast-paced we also make time to relax and have fun. In addition, all staff qualify for significant discounts across our range of design stationery and homewares.
Our dog friendly office is based in Collingwood, Melbourne.
Please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the key criteria and outlining why you think you’re a good fit for this role directly via SEEK.
Applications close: Friday 25 August, 2017
HR Advisor – Telegram Co.
Telegram Co. employs talented, passionate people to support our wholesale and retail businesses in the design stationery and homewares categories. Our strategies are in place to continue building on our success in Australia and New Zealand, and we’re now looking for a commercial, organised and experienced HR Advisor to join us on a part time basis.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a fun, creative and hardworking group of professionals in a role that you will own and will challenge you with its variety. As the business continues to grow rapidly, so will the scope and responsibility of the role. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic HR professional looking for an opportunity to develop their business partnering skills in a role that they can own and will grow with the business.
In this role you will provide HR services to the business. Based at the office in Collingwood, and also working at the warehouse in West Footscray, you will partner with the business to provide HR services and solutions in consultation with the group Head of HR. This will include IR/ER, WHS, recruitment, learning & organisational development, and remuneration. Experience within commercial, retail or wholesale environments would be an advantage. Your key internal stakeholders will be the managers and directors of the business and you will specifically be responsible for:
• Compliance with the Group’s Work Health & Safety Management System
• Ensuring the accurate preparation of payroll
• Handling of on site IR/ER issues within an established framework
• End-to-end recruitment from advert to offer
• Pay and conditions compliance
The successful applicant must have:
• Experience in IR/ER and WHS
• Recruitment experience an advantage
• Learning and Organisational Development experience an advantage, but not essential
• Experience of payroll preparation and award compliance an advantage, but not essential
• Able to work autonomously as well as part of a broader HR team
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
• Hands-on approach
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of working in a rapidly growing business would be an advantage
What’s on offer:
• Competitive package including super
• Opportunity to work for a market leading retailer
• Lots of scope to make improvements to the business
About Telegram Co.
We represent the world’s best paper goods and homewares, which are sought by a large and growing list of wholesale and retail customers around Australia and New Zealand. Founded in 2008 with a focus on design stationery, Telegram Co. is the market leader with exceptional brands from around the world represented
Send applications to email@example.com and place “Application for HR Advisor” in the subject line.” For a confidential discussion about this role please call 0429 238 179.
Product Designer – Leather Specialist – Freelance
Do you work with leather and love stationery?
We have a special project underway, and we need a talented designer to help us produce a functional, stylish and innovative range of leather stationery and organisation products. This is a unique opportunity to work with a small but passionate design team and contribute directly to our new house brand Milligram Studio www.milligram.studio.com.
– 2 years + experience in pattern making or product design
– Specific experience working with leather
– Create presentable imagery/mock-ups for peer review
– Create patterns/technical drawings for manufacture
– A thinking designer who loves problem solving
– Work closely in a team to generate innovative concepts
– Meet tight deadlines
– A passion for organisation and useful design
Immediate start, approximate four to six week contract, flexible terms. Collingwood based with some contact hours required.
Opportunities may become available for ongoing project work.
Essential skills and experience
• Tertiary qualification in Industrial, Product or Fashion Design
• Experience in working in a collaborative design driven team
• Able to interpret briefs and receive creative direction
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and 3D modelling programs
• Able to prototype to an appropriate level of detail for testing or for aesthetics
• Able to interpret briefs and produce detailed tech packs
• Solid design skills coupled with strong presentation skills
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
• Must have personal computer/laptop with appropriate programs
Please send your resume, folio and a cover letter outlining why you think you’re a good fit for this role. We would love to hear your thoughts on design and organisation. Your folio should represent your best work, be supplied in PDF and be no bigger than 10MB in size.
Send applications and folio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the role “Product Designer – Leather Specialist – Freelance” in the subject line. Only successful candidates with the above criteria will be contacted.
Product Designer – permanent, full-time
This is the dream role you’ve been looking for. Telegram Co is a large, Australian wholesaler of leading international stationery and homewares brands (such as Moleskine, LAMY & Serax). We also run several eCommerce stores including market leader NoteMaker.com.au and LAMYSHOP.com.au. Were a dynamic and fun team in a growing business with huge opportunities on the horizon – including this new role.
Who we’re after…
We’re looking for a talented and experienced product designer to play an integral role in the development of a new brand by Telegram. This is a unique opportunity to build something from the ground up and work with a small but passionate team to truly shape the direction of our new brand Milligram. The successful applicant will have a true passion for thoughtful design. The role will take direction from the Product Development Manager and Design Manager to develop product ranges in stationery and home categories. The role will require product development across a variety of materials to create cohesive offerings that are design-led and commercially viable.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities Include
- Develop drawings and visuals of product ranges that are creative, original and innovative.
- Design commercially successful products in the categories of stationery and home.
- Produce detailed manufacturing and assembly drawings.
- Design point of sale display solutions and packaging forms for product range.
- Adhere to brand guidelines and philosophy.
- 3–5 years experience in a similar role.
- Product or Industrial Design qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Good working knowledge of 3D modelling software.
- Excellent technical drawing skills.
- A sound understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Experience in having designed commercially successful products in similar categories.
- Appreciation for aesthetics and usability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Confidence working across a variety mediums and materials.
- Strong interest in responsible design and manufacturing.
- High level of organisation and time-management.
- Concept presentation skills.
- A passion for design, stationery and homewares.
- Located in Australia and with an existing right to work in Australia.
Why you will love working with us?
We’re a small but growing business with an eight-year history, so you’ll get to make a huge impact on the company as a whole. You will also be presented with a diverse and challenging range of tasks and experiences in the course of a normal day.
We offer a great work environment and our team is filled with talented, hard-working people. Although it is very fast-paced we also make time to relax and have fun.
In addition, all staff qualify for significant discounts across our range of design stationery and homewares.
Our dog friendly office is based in the heart of Collingwood.
Please send your resume, folio and a cover letter addressing the key criteria and outlining why you think you’re a good fit for this role. Your folio should represent your best work, be supplied in PDF and be no bigger than 10MB in size.
Send applications and folio to email@example.com with the role “Product Designer – Permanent ” in the subject line. Only successful candidates with the above criteria will be contacted.
Applications close: Friday 31 August 2017