Product Designer – Telegram Co.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced product designer to play an integral role in the development of a new brand by Telegram. This is a unique opportunity to build something from the ground up and work with a small but passionate team to truly shape the direction of a new brand. The successful applicant will be energetic, able to work at a fast pace and have a true passion for the inherent value in thoughtful design. The role will take direction from the Product Development Manager and Design Manager to develop exciting product ranges in stationery and home categories. The role will require product development across a variety of materials to create cohesive offerings that are design-led and commercially viable.
Who we are:
Telegram Co is a large wholesaler of leading international stationery and homewares brands (such as Moleskine, LAMY & House Doctor). We also run several eCommerce stores including market leader NoteMaker.com.au and LAMYSHOP.com.au. We’re a growing business with lots of exciting opportunities on the horizon, including expanding into physical retail.
Please ONLY take the time to apply if you meet the selection criteria — are ready to work extremely hard but also have a lot of fun!
· Develop drawings and visuals of product ranges that are creative, original and innovative.
· Design commercially successful products in the categories of stationery and home.
· Produce detailed manufacturing and assembly drawings.
· Design point of sale display solutions and packaging forms for product range.
· Adhere to brand guidelines and philosophy.
· 3–5 years experience in a similar role.
· Product or Industrial Design qualification.
· Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
· Good working knowledge of 3D modelling software.
· Excellent technical drawing skills.
· A sound understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
· Experience in having designed commercially successful products in similar categories.
· Appreciation for aesthetics and usability.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Confidence working across a variety mediums and materials.
· Strong interest in responsible design and manufacturing.
· High level of organisation and time-management.
· Concept presentation skills.
· A passion for design, stationery and homewares.
· Located in Australia and with an existing right to work in Australia.
Why you will love working with us?
We’re a small but growing business with an eight year history, so you’ll get to make a huge impact on the company as a whole. You will also be presented with a diverse and challenging range of tasks and experiences in the course of a normal day.
We offer a great work environment and our team is filled with talented, hard-working people. Although it is very fast-paced we also make time to relax and have fun.
In addition, all staff qualify for significant discounts across our range of design stationery and homewares.
Our dog friendly office is based in Yarraville, Melbourne – but we are moving in June 2017 to Collingwood.
Please send your resume, folio and a cover letter addressing the key criteria and outlining why you think you’re a good fit for this role. The folio should represent your best work, be supplied in PDF and be no bigger than 10MB in size.
Applications close: 2 August, 2017
Homewares Territory Manager (Victoria) – Telegram Co.
Do you love selling designer homewares? Are you keen to work with unique and exciting international brands you’re proud to represent? Are you a dynamic sales professional who loves creating connections and building your own territory.
We’d love to hear from you!
Who we are
Telegram Co. is an established wholesaler of 30+ leading international stationery (eg. Moleskine, Lamy) and homewares brands (eg. Kinto, Serax, House Doctor). We also run several eCommerce stores including market leader NoteMaker.com.au and LAMYSHOP.com.au. There are many exciting opportunities on the horizon, including growing the stable of homewares brands and our reputation and sales in this sector.
This is an exciting role for a sales focussed and results driven professional who can act as liaison between the company and the customer. We’re looking for someone who can bring their strong commercial acumen to our team in order to grow sales in the homewares category within the Victorian territory.
You’re someone who can sell at a tactical level yet still apply a strategic approach to your brands, retailers and territory. Reporting to the National Sales Manager, you will primarily be responsible for:
· Creating and executing a territory plan to support sales and revenue growth
· Handling inbound sales enquiries and reaching out to new prospective retail customers
· Identifying opportunities in your role to maximise your time in the field and improve efficiency
· Meeting and exceeding sales targets and other KPIs
· Building long term mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing customers
· Ensuring customer’s needs are met by conducting proactive visits, selling in new products and working to increase allocated display space
· Ensuring that retailers support all brand values with appropriate merchandising (such as creating displays and working with your Head Office colleagues on planograms)
· Attending and supporting two major trade fairs per year.
Some travel will be required as your territory will be all of Victoria, not just Melbourne. An attractive remuneration package is available.
The Successful Applicant must have:
· Minimum 3 years of sales experience, ideally selling to homewares and design stores
· Previous experience in sales management at territory, regional or state level is essential
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
· Genuine self-starter, able to work autonomously and as part of a team
· An established network of retailer contacts within the Victorian homewares market
· A demonstrated passion for design and homewares
Why you will love working with us
You’ll be representing international brands that are unique and marketable. You’ll have systems and marketing support, along with a dedicated customer service and warehouse team that will ensure smooth fulfilment of orders you write. And you’ll be able to utilise a stunning showroom, inviting customers and prospects in to see ranges at their best.
We’re a small but growing business with a nine-year history, so you’ll get to make a huge impact on the company as a whole. You will also be presented with a diverse and challenging range of tasks and experiences in the course of a normal day.
We offer a great work environment and our team is filled with talented, hard-working people. Although it is very fast-paced we also make time to relax and have fun. In addition, all staff qualify for significant discounts across our range of design stationery and homewares.
Our dog friendly office is based in Collingwood, Melbourne.
Please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the key criteria and outlining why you think you’re a good fit for this role directly via SEEK.
Applications close: Friday 25 August, 2017